Putaruru Hotel

The original Putaruru Hotel was built in 1895 for L.D Nathan Ltd, and was used up until its replacement by the present building in 1953. The hotel was then moved to a site behind the new Hotel, where it remained until it was transported to the Timber Museum site in 1982. Once on site it was stripped back to framing and virtually rebuilt, as it had been used for staff accommodation over the years and as a result much of the interior was removed or altered.

The old Putaruru Hotel building can be hired for conferences and events.